Monday, February 21, 2011

Westminster - Week 31

Hello Family and Everyone else!
So the craziest part of the week was probably the weather. Something that i had never seen before happened. School was canceled for all the schools in the area for two days because it was too cold! The kids were saying it was a "too cool for school day". Apparently the schools were worried with the -30 degrees Fahrenheit that the school buses wouldn't start and that kids would get frostbite walking to school. I kind of wished I was back in school just so I could get excited about a day off but that didn’t stop the missionaries. I’ve never thought I would be so thankful for our car. There was only a little snow but the walk to the front doors of our appointments doors was frigid. It definitely was a fun week for the other elders on bikes.
This has been a pretty great week. Especially with Elder Martinha as a Senior companion. We actually had two potential investigators become real investigators this week and we were able to teach a lot of lessons. I can definitely say that I have learned a lot working under Elder Martinha. I love the work we are doing and I am so blessed with the members around me and my companion.
One thing that was really on my mind after our wonderful fast and testimony meeting yesterday is the importance of counting your many blessings. Someone bore a testimony of it and felt that it was something we should try.  Last night as we reviewed the past week, I proposed that we write down some of the amazing things that happened over the course of this transfer. So many times we have found ourselves in difficult and even scary situations but we have always been blessed to be able to find help. The Lord does bless us and I am certain that when we look back to find those specific blessings we will find comfort and gratitude. I encourage everyone to do this with a companion or just individually. I love you all and hope you have a safe week with no accidents! Be safe!
--
-Elder Peterson

No comments:

Post a Comment