Thursday, August 26, 2010

Fort Collins - Week 7

Elder Peterson's Name Tag


Hello everyone!
This week was fun being senior companion but to be honest it isn’t easy trying to perfect your less than perfect missionary skills and handle the additional responsibilities. Still it amazes me to look back and see how far I’ve come since my first week. We actually went back to a guy we met one of my first days street contacting and all I remembered is that I couldn’t think of anything to talk about with the guy and had to let Elder Shearer do most of the talking. We went back this week and I expected the same situation, but to my surprise there seemed to be no barrier. It was Awesome! The experience really gave me hope for the opportunity to keep growing and improving. This guy who hasn't started investigating yet said that he would actually like to have us over for dinner some time. I really hope he takes interest in the Book of Mormon we gave him and that we can teach him. I really love this area I serve in right now and we actually have transfers this week. It’s sort of a nervous excitement as we wonder who will stay who will go and if we'll all still be companions.
Keep a close eye on my friends and those youngsters at church. Make sure they're all making  smart choices and be that great example that everyone needs. 
Anyway, everyone here started school last week and I actually got really excited when I realized that I didn't have to worry about homework, quizzes, papers, or tests at all for the next two years. I love being a missionary. Jordyn, you're going to love your senior year, I know you will. The feeling is like nothing you have felt at all the past school years. Also one thing to remember, people may say that you will miss high school but trust me you wont... those people didn't go to Utah State. haha :)

Well I still love being a missionary and I can’t wait to see what the future holds. Love you all!! 


-Elder Peterson
Elder Neilson and Elder Peterson at the MTC   




Elder Peterson and Elder Nielson at the MTC (again) 

No comments:

Post a Comment